Vegan Moussaka 🌿 Filled with potatoes, lentils, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, spices, and mornay sauce – perfect Sunday kind of food. Hope you can use this recipe
* 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
* 2 onions, chopped
* 200g. mushrooms, chopped
* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
* 1 teaspoon of thyme or basil
* 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
* 2 teaspoons of cumin
* 250g. red or green lentils, cooked
* 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
* 1 cup of red wine (or water)
* 3 tablespoons of plant butter
* 3 tablespoons of flour
* 2 cups of oat milk
* 1 handful of vegan cheese
* 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
* Juice from 1/4 lemon
* Salt and pepper
+ Thin slices of 300g. Potatoes and 1/2 eggplant.
In a pot add pressed garlic, onions, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme, paprika, and cumin. Cook for a few minutes. Add cooked lentils, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and red wine, and let it simmer.
Make the mornay sauce by adding plant butter into a small pot, add flour, and whisk until combined. Add oat milk, vegan cheese, nutmeg, lemon, salt, and pepper, and cook until thick. In a big tray add layers of vegetable sauce, thin slices of eggplant + potatoes, and mornay sauce (see story step by step).
Bake the moussaka in the oven at 180°C (350°F) hot air in 40-45 mins.